Tuesday 17 March 2009

How is the challenge going?

It is going very well!!
We are more than half way through the month, and so far we have spent £22.25 on food.
I do have to go shopping tomorrow, and have quite a list, but so far so good.
It is not going to be successful next month though! I already have a Suma food order for £220!!
As it is bulk buying and lasts for more than one month, I will need to work out my spend over months, rather than by the month.

I have started making Pasties, made from Stew!! Day 1 is vegetable and tomato Stew, Day 2 te stew is used as the filling!!
This is very cheap! It costs about 70p for the pastry. The Stew costs, around £2. So £2.70 for 2 days meals for 5 people!

Today I have planted tomato seed. 4 different types. Early potatoes are also in, so food will be even cheaper in the summer!!

3 comments:

Almost Mrs Average said...

You sound as though you're doing brilliantly. I think I need to take some lessons from you :-D x

Almost Mrs Average said...

Only me again - just wanted to let you know I have an award waiting for you over at my blog...hope you like it. Feel free to polish and share :-D

Sue said...

Hi Mrs A,
Good to hear from you.
I am moving my blog to Livejournal, not only will it be about reducing waste, allotment, eating etc. I will be using it as a journal for everything I do. That way everything is 'under one roof' and so much easier for me to manage!